Thursday, July 05, 2012

Summer Style Lovin'


As much as I love neutrals, I also love colour!

One of the things I loved so much about Chile was the abundance of colour, everywhere! And it wasn't overwhelming or tacky. Somehow all those colours just worked!

As I'm sure you've noticed, this summer is all about colour! Bright colours- somewhat of a throw back to the 80's, but much cooler of course!

Also hot is gold gold gold! I used to be a silver only type of girl especially when it comes to jewelry but for the past couple of years, I've gravitated towards gold jewelry. And I actually think it looks better on my skin tone.

Rose gold is currently really trendy but I like just plain yellow gold. I've been coveting a Michael Kors gold watch for a while now.... And last week, I finally went to Holt Renfrew and tried a couple on. Disappointingly they didn't look so good on me. Darn..

So I've been surfing the web for gold watches and came across this:

Nixon
Love it. Love it. Love it!

It's simple and beautiful! One day it shall be mine! Well I guess I should try it on first. But this is definitely on my current wish list!

Continuing on this gold theme:

I've had this cross necklace for several years now. Up until I bought this, I only had silver necklaces. Now, I have a few gold ones but this one is my go to everyday necklace. I got it from this Etsy vendor for what I think is an awesome price of $38 USD:

Etsy Sideways Cross Necklace
I have the 15-3/4" chain- I like it sitting right against the bottom of my neck and the cross is really small- about 1/2" long. (There are longer chains available if you like it hanging lower)

Many many years ago I had cheap gold bangles which I bought on a whim and never wore. I ended up selling them at a garage sale because I thought they were tacky. Now years later, I have bought myself gold bangles once again. And this time, I love them!

Life Designed
I wear a combo of these almost every day. The thick gold white and gold bangle is a lucky find from Zellers of all places! It was on clearance for $5.

The thin gold ones came in a set of about 10 bangles. I think I got them from Forever21. I love the little detail of the bangle having a creamy white trim. Nice touch.

I don't normally wear bangles because I have small wrists and extra small hands so bangles usually slide right off. So when these fit, I knew I had to get them!

Also on my wish list in addition to the Nixon watch, are Ray Ban sunglasses. I love the Aviators. They're classic and awesome. I think I love them that much more because I associate them with my dad. He's been wearing them every since I can remember.

A couple summers ago, I bought wannabe Ray Bans from H&M for $7. I think it's time for the real deal...

Ray Ban Aviators
I can't decide between the brown or green lens! Apparently I'm not the only one and Ray Ban has caught on! They have these flip out ones where you can interchange the lenses! Awesome.

I also really like the Wayfarer shades. Remember I said we're hitting up the 80's style again? 
Ray Ban Wayfarer
I like them both and they look good on just about anyone. But if I could only choose one, I'd go for the Aviators for sure.

Shall we look at some colour now?

Forever21
Yes, it's really that bright!

I was wearing all black to the wedding I decorated in June so I wanted a pop of colour in my accessories. This is from Forever21- I can't find it on the site anymore. I think it was about $20.  As you can see, it's a quilted neon pink purse with gold hardware. The chain however is really long (I'm only 5'-1") and not adjustable so I might take it to a shop and get it shortened or attempt to do it myself. I'm not sure if it's worth it. It's such a trendy seasonal item which is why I spent months searching for what I wanted on a budget. It was bought online and the colour wasn't nearly as blinding on screen. I do wish it was little toned down but like I said, it's a trendy item. It'll do!

For the wedding outfit, I also got these earrings from Aldo which I love and they got a lot of compliments too!

Aldo
Are you noticing a trend? When it comes to accessories, I'm loving colour with gold!

These earrings are awesome. They've got some weight to them and are quite long. They just barely graze my shoulders.

Anthropologie
I had also bought this back in May thinking I would wear it to the wedding. It was a little pricey at $24 but that's Anthropologie for ya! I love that store by the way, it's just currently a little out of my budget. But I splurged and got this in part because I had just gotten back from Chile and hadn't bought myself anything except for 2 small paintings from a guy off the street for $6. 

This bracelet reminded me of the colours you see all over in Chile! Initially I loved the magnetic clasp but over time I realized it was so easy for the clasp to come apart. If the bracelet got caught on my purse or something, it fell off my wrist. And I was noticing it was happening more and more. I'm scared of losing it so I haven't worn it in a long time. When I get around to it, I'll switch out the magnetic clasp with a typical hook clasp and then it'll be on my wrist with those gold bangles non stop!

So tell me, how do you feel about orange?

Target Watch
I bought this silicone watch from Target for $12 last summer. It was the first watch I'd bought and worn in years! I get a lot of compliments on it and people are always surprised it's a cheap Target watch! It's the only watch I own... until I get that Nixon watch! Haha

Kate Spade
I love my Kate Spade bag. It's a beauty. And even more beautiful- I got it at a steal of a deal from the outlet store in 2010. At the time I took a major chance with this colour but I just loved it. It's such a nice, saturated orange that makes me happy and I'm also very happy to see orange is "in" this season too! 

Do you notice with this bag and the watch, the hardware is all silver? A few years ago, even a year ago, gold was tacky and now it's everywhere! If these pieces were on the shelves today, they would no doubt, have gold hardware!

And now let's end this post with a neutral!

Forever21
When I was online searching for the pink purse, I came across this black and cream canvas bag from Forever21. I immediately put it in my shopping cart! It was a little more than I wanted to spend at $40 so I waited a couple weeks before I purchased it. I didn't want to just buy it on a whim. 

Well, I'm so glad I bought it! I've been using it almost everyday. I love everything about it. The shape, the gold hardware, the longer strap option, the clasp, the colour, the light weight canvas material... everything! 

Ok that's all for now folks! I hope you enjoyed my summer accessory loves! 

What are you diggin' this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment